Banner 9 is a major upgrade to the Banner Student System. It provides a completely new and up-to-date look and feel and is also easily compatible with all mobile devices! Some of its many new advantages include:
- Eliminates users’ browser compatibility problems
- Ends dependency on Internet Explorer and allow for full browser support (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, MS Edge)
- Greatly simplifies the upgrade process for administrators
- Positions Dartmouth for cloud adoption if we choose this option at a later date
What’s new in Banner Admin and Banner Self-Service?
- App Navigator welcome screen offers a “google like” experience for navigating throughout Banner Admin pages, offering four ways to search.
- Reorganization of the Banner Self-Service Administrative menu
- Attendance Tracking offers faculty members an easy, all-new tool for documenting student attendance, saving your registrar and financial aid officers time.
- Advising Student Profile now consolidates a student’s profile, education, and career path on a single page.
- Banner Registration has been updated with intuitive registration tools and a mobile-friendly design to make it easier than ever for students, advisors, and administrators to use.
- Faculty Grade Entry now offers faculty members mobile capability for entering assignment grades and posting midterm, final, and incomplete grades. The application can then automatically compute a final grade. To make things even easier, faculty members can also import grades directly from their existing spreadsheets or their learning management system.