When: Tuesday May 8, 2012 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Where: DHMC Auditorium E
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center has a strong commitment to evidence-based care. But what is the “evidence” in evidence-based medicine? How do we find it? Which evidence is best? How is accessing evidence at the bedside different from creating evidence-based clinical procedures?
Laura K. Cousineau, MLS
Director of the Dartmouth Biomedical Libraries
Formerly Associate Professor in the College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Co-director of the EBM Residency Education program of Pediatrics, Associate Professor of Nursing, and Library Asst. Director for Program Development and Resource Integration at the Medical University of South Carolina
Participants will be able to:
- Articulate and differentiate clinical questions
- Understand levels of evidence
- Understand study designs in the context of evidence
- Become familiar with information resources providing evidence
- Know how to locate critical appraisal tools
We encourage you to bring along your laptops and iPads for this interactive discussion!