HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY to our newly crowned club president! To commemorate the lovely Rachel Martin‘s 21st birthday… we present to you all… her swimmer of the week spotlight! (hahaha) Rachel has been a consistent and reliable member of Club Swim since her first term on the team, and we’re so happy that she will be helping to lead the club this coming year!

Name: Rachel Martin

Major(s): Electrical Engineering
Hometown: Pacific Palisades, CA
Class year: 2019
Age and/or birthday: 21 (just turned on Feb 17!!)
Hobbies: Reading, Exploring, SWIMMING
Favorite movie: Cheaper by the Dozen
Favorite season (e.g. fall, spring, summer, winter): Summer
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? I would take some family and friends with me on a trip to New Zealand and then donate some, invest some, etc.
Favorite Dartmouth memory (thus far): Over the summer I lived in an apartment with my best friend and we had a few dinner parties which were super fun and felt very grown-up.
Favorite Club Swim memory: Freshman year we did Lou’s challenge but I had something early in the morning so I slept for a few hours and met everyone around 4am. Everyone was delirious and having a great time. It was fun to throw food around and get Kimmy mad at us! 😀
Goal for this coming year: I want to come to at least 3 practices a week (hopefully more, but academics tend to get in the way) and to get to know everyone even better!