Criteria for eligibility vary from program to program. Typically, recipients must be returning to campus for at least one term after completion of their projects. Check the details with the office associated with the grant in which you are interested.
Financing Your Internship
Grant ceilings vary but may be up to $4,000.
Students on Dartmouth financial aid may be eligible for additional funding based on current need. If your proposal is accepted by more than one department or program, you will be required to choose only one grant.
Every student's financial situation is unique. We encourage all financial aid recipients considering an internship to talk with the program coordinators and his/her financial aid officer. Your financial aid officer can help you to explore alternative ways of covering your leave term earnings expectation. We'll explore every possibility to help make your plan a reality.
Center for Professional Development
63 South Main Street, 2nd Floor, 646-2215
The forms in this section, which can also be picked up in the Center for Professional Development, are provided here for downloading in Adobe's PDF format, for which you will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader program to read and print. If you don't have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you can download it here, free of charge.
- For work in educational media or children’s media or work that directly benefits at-risk or inner-city children, or trains teachers.
- Robinson Application Form (PDF File)
- For work in advertising, public relations or publishing.
- Fisher Application Form (PDF File)
101 Rocky, 646-2201
Rockefeller Public Affairs and Public Policy
- For internships in non-profit and public sectors, with a clear tie to public policy. Completion of the Management & Leadership Development Program is highly recommended for those applying for internship funding.
First-Year Fellows Program
- Program specifically for first-year students interested in the field of public policy. Students complete Public Policy 5 and a statistical methods course, participate in pre-internship training, and are matched with an alumni mentor for a summer fellowship in Washington, D.C.
S. Fairbanks, 646-3419
- For international, direct community service work with nonprofits serving under-resourced communities; may include some tasks in research and administration. Global learning deepened through structured educational engagements.
Dartmouth Partners in Community Service
- For direct community service work within the U.S.; DPCS enables students to invest in their civic, career and personal growth. Each intern is matched with a Dartmouth alumni mentor.
141 Haldeman, 646-2023
Dickey International Internships
- For internships in countries other than the intern’s home country. Applicants should demonstrate how the internship will enhance the international dimensions of their academic work.
Global Health Internships & Fellowships *
- For international internships and research fellowships with Global Health Initiative partner sites.
044 Sudikoff, 646-0700
ISTS-Neukom Institute Grant
- For internships in information technology that specifically focus on topics related to security and privacy or the development of novel computational techniques as well as the application of computational methods to problems in the Sciences, Social Sciences, and Humanities.
|Summer 2017||Wednesday, April 26, 2017|
|Fall 2017||Wednesday, July 19, 2017|
|Winter 2018||Wednesday, October 11, 2017|
|Spring 2018||Wednesday, January 24, 2018 (Robinson & Fisher Applications Due)
Wednesday, January 31, 2018 (Dartmouth Research through UGAR)
Friday, February 9, 2018
|Summer 2018||Wednesday, April 25, 2018|
Additional internships and research funding, for resident-term, leave-term, and post-graduation opportunities, are available through the following campus departments:
- Undergraduate Research and Advising Office
- Scholarship Advising
- Academic Departments - Some academic departments have funding for student projects. Contact individual departments for further information.
- Dartmouth Outing Club
- Ethics Institute
- Institute for Security, Technology, and Society (ISTS) and the Neukom Institute Internship Program
- Institutional Diversity and Equity
- Leslie Center for Humanities
- MacLean Grants for Summer Research - Summer research funding for professional responsibility, global industrialization & human rights. Contact Professor Daniel Lynch for further information.
- Office of Residential Life
- Student Activities - Pick up a booklet in 303 Collis called "Sources of Funding" which describes a large variety of campus sources of funding, requirements and contact people.
- Student Employment Office (SEO) - On-campus and local community employment listings are maintained by the SEO.