Off the Green is a career immersion program series (offered during Dartmouth breaks) focused on a career field or industry in a major metropolitan area. Each Off the Green program is designed to provide undergraduate students with an overview of a particular industry sector. The Off the Green program is a joint partnership of the CPD and the Office of Alumni Relations; other Dartmouth offices often co-sponsor individual programs if they are offered in a mission-relevant industry.
Students participating in the program engage in a series of site visits, presentations/panels and an alumni networking social.
- Learn about the range of positions available in an industry sector
- Observe the differences between organizations including: office dynamics, culture, layout of the organization/facility, dress, interaction between colleagues, etc.
- Make connections and establish relationships
- Enhance and strengthen your networking skills
Why the program was created:
- Opportunity to explore career areas of interest
- Get an insider's view of professional work environments
- Network and seek advice and guidance from alumni and parents in the field
Upcoming Programs -
Off the Green in Tech (Boston)
Our next Off the Green will be held in Boston on Thursday, March 15. Application details will be published here soon - and sent to all current Dartmouth undergraduates via email.
- Advertising & Marketing (New York, December 2017)
- Global Health (Boston, March 2017)
- Pathways to Medicine (Boston, March 2016)
- Careers in Biotech and the Life Sciences (Boston, December 2015)
- Careers for the Common Good (Boston, March 2015)
- Entertainment (Los Angeles, March 2015)
- Careers in Law (Boston, December 2013)