- Could you please tell me your name?
- What country are you originally from?
- When did you leave for the U.S.? How old were you?
Life and Family in Venezuela
- What was Venezuela like before you left?
- What was your relationship with your family?
- How did your family fare economically?
- How were you as a child and as a teen?
- What do you remember about your community in Venezuela? Were there any defining historical events?
- Why did you decide to come to the U.S.?
- Did anyone come with you? Who did you leave behind in Venezuela?
- How did you feel about leaving Venezuela? How long did you plan on staying in the U.S.?
- Where did you first settle and whom did you stay with?
- How did you adjust to your new living conditions?
- How did community members receive you?
Life in the United States
- Did you attend school after arriving here?
- What kinds of jobs did you have?
- Did you move within the U.S.?
- What were your expectations of the U.S.? How did your expectations compare to reality?
- When did you start your family?
- How many children do you have? Could you tell me about them?
- What hopes did you/do you have for your children?
- Do you have any grandchildren?
- Do you still keep in touch with your family in Venezuela?
- Have you maintained ties with Venezuela and/or Venezuelan culture?
- How often do you return to Venezuela?
- How are you involved in the Hanover community? In Lawrence, MA? In Caracas, Venezuela?
- How do you identify yourself?
- What are some of your hobbies?