The BioInformatics Service Center in the Department of Biomedical Data Science collaborates on:
- Designing web-accessible database systems to support biomedical research projects like clinical trials, prevention studies, research registries, and genomics studies
- Defining information models for research projects (all projects need well-defined information models – large or small!)
- Engineering and documenting the processes that make studies operational (data validation, mechanics of data capture, specification of data extraction and reporting)
- Implementing research systems on our secure infrastructure with professional software development life cycle
- Integrating data for analytics
- Standards for persistent data archive
- Development of architectures to integrate disparate, heterogeneous data in real time (including collaborators at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
The Bioinformatics Service Centers has more than twenty years of experience supporting biomedical research studies with science-driven bioinformatics and computing systems.
Kristen Anton, Director of BioInformatics, is available to assist with high quality grant writing, including appropriate budgeting of required informatics resources for a successful project.