Fall Bucket List for Graduate Students
1. Appreciate the many varieties of tomatoes at Cedar Circle Farm’s Annual Tomato Tasting by the River, a country dinner hosted in their fields August 24-25!
2. Shop at the Hanover/Dartmouth Community Yard Sale, hosted by the Sustainable Hanover Recycling Sub-committee on August 31, from 10 am- 2 pm.
3. Take a 6, 20, or 34-mile loop through a pedaling picnic, the 7th annual Tour de Taste, on September 8! The Upper Valley Trails Alliance places the route by local farms and restaurants for tasty rest stops!
4. Have a blast at the Tunbridge World’s Fair in Tunbridge, VT, September 12-15.
5. Attend a Graduate Student Council (GSC)-hosted event:
- Hawaiian Luau on September 7, at 5 pm at the DOC House on Occom Pond
- Fall Semi-formal on September 21, at 8 pm at Alumni Hall (co-hosted with Geisel School of Medicine’s student government)
- Halloween Dance on October 26, at 8 pm in Alumni Hall (co-hosted with Geisel School of Medicine’s student government)
6. Watch the new college president, Philip Hanlon, get inaugurated on the Green on September 20, from 3-4 pm, preceded by a community cookout 12-2 pm at Tuck Mall.
7. See the monster trucks invade New England in the Vermonster 4×4 September 28-29.
8. Watch the Metropolitan Opera’s Othello in HD Simulcast on October 3.
9. Visit the AVA Gallery in Lebanon every first Thursday of the month for the Community Arts Open Studio Adults program (all materials are provided). Drop-in hours from 7-11 pm!
10. Save money at the Ibex Quechee Sale, usually held the first weekend in October.
12. Enjoy the fall foliage and a beautiful summit view from the top of Mount Ascutney, only a thirty-minute drive away.
13. Join Cedar Circle Farm for their Annual Pumpkin Festival on October 13, 10 am- 3 pm.
14. Run in the Harpoon Octoberfest 3.6 Mile Race October 13. Proceeds go to Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center. Participating includes bratwurst, two beers or sodas, a race mug, and entrance into Harpoon Octoberfest!
15. Shop or consign at the Norwich Nearly New Sale October 16-20!
16. Stop by the new Graduate Studies Office at 37 Dewey Field Road to see the new space! (Be on the lookout for announcements for the Graduate Studies Office Open House!)
To see other suggested fall activities, check out a previous Graduate Forum article here.
photo by Martin Grant