Graduate Student Leaders are a group of individuals comprised of the current Executive Board, the leaders of each GSC-recognized organization, and the students who compile and send out the Gazetteer newsletter each week.
Graduate Student Leaders are invited to participate in team-building activities throughout the school year to better get to know one another and build communication and leadership skills. These activities have included participation in a ropes course challenge, rock-climbing exercise, workshops, etc.
Here are a few ways you can become a Grad Student Leader:
- Attend GSC General Council meetings
- Run for a departmental representative position for your department/program
- Run for a GSC Executive Board position
- Join/lead one of the many graduate organizations/clubs on campus
- Volunteer to help out at GSC events throughout the year (many of the bigger social events need volunteers to assist with setting up and monitoring)
- Contact any member of the GSC Executive Board for additional ways you can get more involved!