The Funding Request Form is to be considered as a binding written contract between the GSC and the requesting student organization. Any violation of the terms mentioned in the funding request will be considered an infraction on the part of the student organization.
The seriousness of the infraction will be decided upon on the basis of the following factors:
- The number of terms violated on the funding request form
- The extent of these violations; this will be decreed by a consensus between Executive Board members or Council Representatives:
- If the funding request is a “fast track” funding request approved by the Executive Board members, the imposition of the penalty will be decided by the Executive Board.
- If the funding request is not a “fast track” funding request and was approved by the Council Representatives, the imposition of the penalty will be decided by the Council Representatives.
- The past history of the student organization in dealing with the GSC extending up to a maximum of 2 fiscal years
- First and foremost, a request for funds is not a guarantee of funds.
- Events funded by the GSC should be promoted to all graduate students and be open to all graduate students. Events that do not meet these requirements may result in reduced or revoked funding.
- Approval of funds will be more forthcoming if you also seek funds from other relevant student organizations (e.g., the Thayer Council and the Geisel Student Government).
- The GSC does not approve funding for events that provide alcohol at private parties. If you are planning on serving alcohol, you must follow these Dartmouth alcohol policies.
- The GSC may choose to only partially fund a request.
- Unauthorized use of the GSC chart string for any purpose by any student group is strictly prohibited and will be reviewed by the GSC for possible penalty and fees.
RECEIVING YOUR FUNDS
Submit the required forms to the Graduate Studies Office (see below).
Business Expense Reimbursements must be submitted before August 1, 2016.
- Click on Business Expense Reimbursement Form and fill out both the Finance Center and the Business Expense Reimbursement Form.
- Email the documents, along with scanned receipts here.
- Cash Advance limit is $250:
- Fill out a Cash Advance Form (prerequisite), make a copy of the form and bring both forms to the Graduate Studies Office. To receive the money, you will need to go to the Cashier's Office.
- Once you have spent the money, you must bring in the original receipts and copies and a filled-out Business Expense Reimbursement Form to:
Graduate Studies Office
36 Dewey Field Road
- Once the form is signed you must bring the paperwork to the Cashier's Office.