The Educational Technology Group worked with the faculty member to convert the traditional paper submissions for the oral history projects into a technology rich online activity. Each student was provided with a private wiki within the learning management system to develop his or her stories. Once the stories were finalized the student sites were made available to the rest of the class for review and comment. The students also used the wiki to present their project experience to the class at the end of the term.
The student wikis will be exported from the learning management system and posted to a departmental resource site that will be made available to the public.
- Course: LATS 44/ANT 33 – Crossing Over: Latin Migrant Roots and Transitions
- Tools: Blackboard, Learning Objects Wiki tool, Adobe Acrobat, Movie Maker, Audacity
- Assessment Method: Individual student Wikis graded with a comprehensive rubric
- Faculty: Lourdes Gutierrez Najera
- Instructional Designer: JoAnn Gonzalez-Major
- Other Support Resources: Jones Media Center