Mike Pence Knows All the Lyrics to Lady Gaga’s “Telephone”

During Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl LI halftime show, fans in Mike Pence’s box suite noticed the Vice President singing along with the pop star for most of the performance. In fact, it has been reported that Pence knew all the lyrics to Gaga’s 2009 hit, “Telephone.”

“I was enjoying the show when all of the sudden I look over and see Vice President Pence up on his feet and belting into a soda can. I think he thought it was a microphone,” observed one box viewer. Witnesses of the scene were surprised by the outburst by the usually reserved Vice President. His perfectly ironed shirt started to untuck, and his American flag pin became askew.

The Vice President reportedly was particularly enthusiastic during the chorus. He was seen jumping around, sassily wagging his finger while yelling “Stop callin’, stop callin’, I don’t wanna think anymore, I left my head and my heart on the dance floor!” Witnesses noticed the fire in his eyes as he sang that line, as if the dad-cross-altar boy in him suddenly vanished and he became the unrepressed club-goer of his dreams.

“I had never thought of him as a dancer… or a Lady Gaga fan for that matter,” mused a source close to Pence. “But he was really getting into the show, and it was clear he had rehearsed this song and dance before.”

Witnesses also noted that the Vice President was seated, seemingly trying to restrain himself, during Gaga’s performance of “Born This Way.”

– BN ’20

Be the first to comment on "Mike Pence Knows All the Lyrics to Lady Gaga’s “Telephone”"