This page has links to research in progress and published in the past couple of years, grouped by topic. A full list of my research is on my CV. If you want a copy of something that’s not available on this page, send me an email.
Conspiracy Theory Beliefs
- An Inflated View of the Facts? How preferences and predispositions shape conspiracy beliefs about the Deflategate scandal . November 2015 working paper
Chile Electoral Reform
- Malapportionment and ideological bias in Chilean electoral districts. November 2015 working paper.
- Carey – Chile Malapportionment Appendix
Hong Kong Electoral Reform
- “Electoral Formula and Fragmentation in Hong Kong.” August 2015 working paper.
- Compulsory Voting and Income Inequality Co-authored with Yusaku Horiuchi. January 2015 working paper.
Arab Spring – Electoral System Design
- “Institutions as Causes and Effects: North African Electoral Systems During the Arab Spring.” Co-authored with Tarek Masoud and Andrew Reynolds. American Political Science Association conference paper. August 2015.
- Fixing Afghanistan’s Electoral System. Co-authored with Andrew Reynolds. Afghan Research and Evaluation Unit. Kabul, Afghanistan. May 2012.
- “Getting Elections Wrong.” Co-authored with Andrew S. Reynolds. Journal of Democracy 23(1):164-168. January 2012.
- “The Impact of Election Systems.” Co-authored with Andrew S. Reynolds. Journal of Democracy 22(4):36-47. October 2011.
- “Transparency and Legislative Behavior.” March 2013 working paper.
- “District Magnitude and Representation of the Majority’s Preferences: A Comment and Reinterpretation.” Co-authored with Simon Hix. Public Choice 154:139-148. 2013
- “The electoral sweet spot: Low-magnitude proportional electoral systems.” Co-authored with Simon Hix. American Journal of Political Science 55(2):383-397. April 2011.
APSA Presidential Task Force on Electoral Systems
- “Policy Consequences of Electoral Rules.” Co-authored with Simon Hix. January 2013.
- “What Do Political Scientists Believe About Electoral Systems and What Do They Do About It?” Co-authored with Simon Hix, Shaheen Mozaffar, and Andrew Reynolds. January 2013.