Welcome to my LACS 20 ePortfolio. Here you will find a series of posts that range from personal reflections to research on aspects of Nicaragua’s economic, political, and cultural history. Below if a breakdown of the information you will find on this blog. Please enjoy!
Bienvenidos a mi LACS 20 ePortfolio. Aquí encontrará una serie de reflexiones personales y ensayos sobre los aspectos de la historia económica, política y cultural de Nicaragua. ¡Gracias!
- About me– Summary of my background and why I was interested in taking LACS 20.
- About Nicaragua– I researched the “push” and “pull” factors for the migration of Nicaraguans to Costa Rica.
- Blogs– a series of reflection on issues like:
- The bio-social approach to global health
- Service-learning organizations
- Analysis of the film Carla’s Song
- My experiences with the Spanish language (and other languages)
- Conducting ethnography
- Synthesis of class presentations- the intersection of alcoholism, economic instability, and women’s/maternal health
- Final reflections on LACS 20
- Oral history– An interview with Ritika Abhyankar ’17 who participated on CCESP last year.
- Final Project– “The benefits of sustainable agriculture for poultry farming: a model.”