Drop by the Student Publishing Fair on Thursday January 18th 2018 anytime from noon-2:30 pm in the Berry Library Main Street South! The fair provides a view of student publishing across campus, highlights of student publishing over the centuries, and support for student editors, publishers and writers on issues like copyright and tools like InDesign and the Dartmouth Digital Commons publishing system. Describe an idea for a publication and enter a raffle! Hear from students themselves why they engage in this time intensive, rewarding, experiential learning activity.
Student led publishing includes a wide range of outlets for student work.
Presenting at the Fair:
- Black Praxis
- Clamantis: the MALS journal
- The Dartmouth Business Review
- The Dartmouth Medical Journal
- The Dartmouth Undergraduate Journal of Science
- World Outlook
- The Stonefence Review
- Digital Commons, professional publishing system to increase your readership
- InDesign with Jones Media Center experts
- Student Journals Past and Present
- DCAL Experiential Learning Seed Grants and Stamps Scholars Program
Participants can engage in different ways:
- Learn how to improve your publishing, editing, reviewing and writing, through using the Dartmouth Digital Commons publishing system and InDesign!
- Learn about the features of a publishing system that enables greater visibility for Dartmouth student work!
- Learn how student publishing over the centuries reflects on their concerns at the time through materials from Rauner on display!
- Brainstorm ideas for new publications and enter a raffle!
- Enjoy refreshments and conversations with others involved with publishing!
See photos and read about last year’s fair in DCAL’s Student Led-Publishing: Experiential Learning