Workshop series for students currently involved in a student led publication, or interested in starting a student led publication or reviving one:
- Best Practices for Student Led Publishing at Dartmouth 2/1 3:30-4:30 Baker Library Mezzanine Room 152
You’ve told us that you want to increase visibility, legitimacy, and readership of your journals. At this workshop, you’ll learn about best practices and develop actions for your publication to achieve these goals.
- Copyright and Author Rights 2/8, 3:30-4:30 Baker Library Mezzanine Room 152
Authors, editors, and publication managers will learn how to respond to questions from authors, contributors, and editors such as: “Can I republish this image in my article?” “When I publish in your journal or magazine, who owns my work?”
- Deciding What to Publish 2/15, 3:30-4:30 Baker Library Mezzanine Room 152
Develop or refine your journal’s editorial review policies and practices with help from editorial experts in your subject area. Develop plans for successful editorial and management transitions.
- Individual Journal Consultations Your choice date/time/place
We’ll consult with your publication’s people (authors, editors, publication managers, advisers, etc.) to help you achieve your specific goals. Email Barbara DeFelice and Laura Barrett to tell us when your team meets, and we’ll come to you. This is an opportunity to learn more about the digital publishing system for those interested, discuss options for printing and more!
- Reflection and Recognition 3/1 3:30-4:30 DCAL Conference Room, Baker Library 102 Reflect on what you learned and plan your next steps for your publication. Receive your journal’s $300 recognition for fully participating in this series.
Refreshments at all events!
This series of workshops is funded by the Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning Experiential Learning Initiative for Student Publishing