The Sites at Dartmouth service is built on WordPress and provides a set of standard templates and plugins with which to customize your site. WordPress is a web publishing platform that enables site builders to set up a website quickly and easily. This tool is maintained by Information, Technology & Consulting (ITC) at Dartmouth.
Who is this for?
Dartmouth students, faculty and staff may request a WordPress site in this platform to build any of the following types of sites:
- Student group and organization sites
- Conference sites
- Faculty labs and research group sites
- Administrative initiative sites
What types of sites should not be hosted on Sites at Dartmouth?
- Academic and Administrative departments, plus Centers and Institutes within Dartmouth's Arts & Sciences qualify for other services and support from ITC. If you are an administrator of one of these types of entities, please contact ITC to submit a request.
- Faculty seeking to add a collaborative element to their course material, or students looking to create an ePortfolio should head over to Dartmouth Journeys, which is a separate WordPress platform dedicated to teaching and learning.
- Sites unrelated to Dartmouth.
Who will help me build my site?
Sites at Dartmouth is intended to be a self-service website creation tool. While we will certainly troubleshoot technical problems such as login errors, we are unable to provide personalized training or design consultation. We have, however, put together a guide to jumpstart your site creation, and a list of resources for additional help.