A recent update to Java (Java 9) is not compatible with the version of Banner used at Dartmouth. If your Java is automatically updated, you will not be able to use Banner forms without problems.
Use the following steps to turn off automatic updates to Java.
- Go to System Preferences (click Apple - System Preferences).
- In System Preferences, click on the Java icon in the bottom row. Another window will appear.
- When the Java control panel appears, click on the Update tab.
- Uncheck the box labeled "Check for Updates Automatically". A warning message will appear.
- Click on the "Do Not Check" button and login window will appear.
- Enter the password for your computer and click "Add Helper" and you're all set.