JOB TITLE: Access Services Student Assistant
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Lois Anne Crooks, Access Services Student Supervisor
PURPOSE OF JOB: To provide excellent customer service and reference support to Baker-Berry patrons and guests.
JOB DESCRIPTION & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide information on the library, college and town of Hanover to library patrons and guests
- Provide basic reference services (using online databases and tools) And triage referrals to the Subject Specialists within the library
- Respond to security gate alarms in a timely manner
- Provide support for GreenPrint Stations on Berry Level 1
- Use of a Multiline phone system
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous library and/or customer service experience
- Knowledge of the library catalog and online databases
Candidates must be punctual. Both at ARRIVING to shifts and at RESPONDING TO E-MAILS.
The position requires customer service and problem solving skills, the ability to prioritize tasks, attention to detail and accuracy.