Love what we do? Want to be a part of bringing fresh late-night programming to Dartmouth? Or interested in working behind the scenes at our events?
Collis After Dark is hiring!
We are looking for a Collis After Dark Intern as well as Collis Event Staff.
Students of all classes are invited to apply! Job descriptions are as follows – please direct any questions to David Pack, Assistant Director of the Collis Center for Student Involvement.
The Collis After Dark Programming intern will work with other student interns and the Assistant Director of the Collis Center for Student Involvement to develop and implement Collis After Dark (CAD), a late night social and entertainment program series held weekly between 10pm and 2am on Friday and Saturday nights.
• Develop programming for 2 late night events each week of the term, including booking talent, reserving space, organizing details and all logistics of each event
• Serve in rotation with other CAD interns as the primary contact and staff presence at Collis After Dark events
• Follow Dartmouth alcohol procedures and SEMP approval for necessary events
• Advertising and marketing of events, including maintaining an active social media presence for Collis After Dark
• Assessment of student interests and feedback to improve Collis After Dark program offerings
• Collaborate with student groups (e.g., Programming Board, Collis Governing Board, student clubs) in the delivery of co-sponsored events
• Manage budgets per event and per term
• Maintain accurate attendance records and complete post-event evaluations
Preferred (not required) Skills/Qualifications:
• Experience with social event planning/programming
• Graphic Design experience/ability (posters, logos, etc.)
Successful candidates will be creative, organized, and committed to expanding the social opportunities available to Dartmouth students on weekends. Additionally, applicants should be interested in developing their own knowledge and skills around event planning and assessment. While applicants do not need to be available EVERY Friday and Saturday night, successful applicants should be able to dedicate 5-10 hours a week to this position, including weekly meetings and rotating management (with other interns) of Collis After Dark events on Friday and Saturday nights.
Collis Event Staff is made up of undergraduate students responsible for the supervision of large Collis-sponsored and Collis-staffed events on campus. Event Staff works at events in Common Ground, One Wheelock, Sarner, ’53 Commons and other on-campus venues as appropriate. Shifts will often fall on weekend nights, so applicants should be available to work events at least one night every other weekend.
It is our goal to provide all employees with not only a paying job, but also event management experiences and skills that can be transferred to future positions. Training for all employees will be provided at the beginning of each term and throughout the academic year as necessary. Event Staff take an active role in maintaining safety and smoothness at the parties and other events that they work, they help to keep events at Dartmouth student-run, so that staff on-site supervision is not required.
As a member of Event Staff, you will support event hosts in facilitating successful community-building events. This includes communicating with the event hosts, assistance with set-up and management of events, monitoring for safety of attendees and the facility, and contacting appropriate campus services and administrators as necessary. Hours and duties for Event Staff are ad hoc and may vary, within some defined parameters.
Shift/Event opportunities for event staff will be blitzed out to the pool of trained event staff and will be filled by the first eligible staffers to respond.
Pay is $8.50/hr; $9.50/hr after midnight.
Event staff must maintain a 2.75 Cumulative GPA.