December Break Opportunities

Participate in a December break professional development opportunity (short-term paid project, job shadow or career day) in a major city over break. 165 hosts are offering over 500 opportunities! Learn more below.

STUDENT TERMS OF AGREEMENT DARTMOUTH EXTERNSHIP 2018

All students participating in the Dartmouth Externship Program must agree to the following:

BEFORE THE EXPERIENCE I COMMIT TO…

• Take full responsibility for arranging my travel to and from the host’s site and any accommodations for housing.
  • Contact no more than three hosts to inquire about opportunities.
  • Accept only ONE job shadow, career day or short-term project through this program.
  • Promptly follow through on all communications (email and phone) I have with potential hosts.
  • If I am no longer interested or available to participate in an opportunity, I must notify the host immediately.
  • Confirm via email my agreed upon dates and times of commitment with a host.
  • Provide the host with my email address and telephone number and obtain the address and directions to the host's organization in advance of participating.
  • Adhere to the appropriate dress code, conduct, and safety protocols for the opportunity.
  • Fulfill my commitment once I have arranged a job shadow, career day or short-term project.
  • Email Monica.Wilson@dartmouth.edu before December 3rd to confirm the host name, employer and type of opportunity I secured (job shadow, career day, or short-term project).

DURING THE EXPERIENCE I COMMIT TO…

• Arrive on time, being fully engaged, and representing myself in a professional manner.
  • Ask thoughtful questions and complete any required tasks.
  • Not use my cellphone.

AFTER THE EXPERIENCE I COMMIT TO…

• Send a thoughtful and sincere thank you note to my host within 48 hours of my experience.
  • Complete the online post experience survey sent to me before Wednesday, January 2, 2019.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXTERNSHIP PROGRAM,
INCLUDING HOW TO GET STARTED

--->  PLEASE CLICK HERE  <---

THIS SIGNIFIES THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED
TO THE TERMS OUTLINED ABOVE.