The Center for Professional Development is committed to supporting our diverse populations through workshops, career counseling, information resources and on-campus recruiting. Although all of CPD’s programming and resources are available to everyone, we believe in the critical role that our student’s intersectional identities play in their growth as professionals.
To access a comprehensive directory of sites that explore Diversity and Career Development, please go to DartBoard and download the CPD Diversity Resource Guide.
- Black/African American
- First Generation
- International Students (see also International Student Guide)
- Native American
- Pan Asian
Comprehensive Sites that Explore Diversity and Career Development
- BlackRock Founders Scholarship - A scholarship program for undergraduate students who identify as Black, Hispanic, Native American, LGBT, or disabled and have demonstrated leadership in creating and sustaining diverse, inclusive communities.
- MentorNet - provides all students in engineering, science and mathematics the opportunity, as protégés, to be matched in one-on-one e-mentoring relationships with mentors who have work experience in industry, government, and higher education. Get "real world" information, encouragement, and advice from professionals in your field. Women and other under-represented students are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The Black Collegian - the electronic version of The Black Collegian Magazine, which provides rich content and resources to all people of color seeking career and self-development information.
- Diversity Inc. - publishes content every business day, original content is only available to paying subscribers, however, diversity news briefs, published under license from the Associate Press, the Career Center and Diversity Resource Guide are available for free.
- IMDiversity - dedicated to providing career and self-development information to all minorities, specifically African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans and women.
- The Multicultural Advantage Career Management Center - provides coverage of workplace issues and trends and job listings.
- The Riley Guide "Resources for Women, Minorities, and Other Affinity Groups and Audiences" - resources specifically that meet the needs or address the interests of various groups, such as women, persons of varied nationalities or ethnic backgrounds.