Off the Green is a career immersion program series (offered during Dartmouth breaks) focused on a career field or industry in a major metropolitan area. Each Off the Green program is designed to provide undergraduate students with an overview of a particular industry sector.
The Off the Green program is a joint partnership of the CPD and the Office of Alumni Relations; other Dartmouth offices often co-sponsor individual programs if they are offered in a mission-relevant industry. Off the Green was developed in 2013 to support first and second-year students participating in the CPD's Professional Development Accelerator program.
Students participating in the program engage in a series of site visits, presentations/panels, and a networking social with alumni.
- Learn about the range of positions available in an industry sector
- Observe the differences between organizations including: office dynamics, culture, layout of the organization/facility, dress, interaction between colleagues, etc.
- Make connections and establish relationships
- Enhance and strengthen your networking skills
Why the program was created:
- Opportunity to explore career areas of interest
- Get an insider's view of professional work environments
- Network and seek advice and guidance from alumni and parents in the field
Our next program offering is Off the Green: Careers in International Affairs & Public Policy in Washington, DC. This event will be held March 14, 2019.
This program will explore opportunities to work in Public Policy & International Affairs, from showcasing the range of available careers and opportunities to tips on the training and education you will need to work in these areas. This one-day career immersion program will include:
- Site visits to the World Resources Institute, Google, International Finance Corporation (World Bank Group) and the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Conversations with 40+ alumni working in a range of roles
- Alumni and parent networking reception
Space is limited. Priority will be given to ‘21s and ‘22s; all Dartmouth undergraduates are eligible to apply. Program participants are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from DC; we will provide transit during the day.
To learn more and apply, follow this link: https://dartmouth.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8iwxIGsM5TIZ7qB
Applications must be received by Monday, February 25th at 5 PM. This program is limited to 25 students.
Additional Past Programs
- eCommerce & Technology (Boston, March 2018)
- Advertising & Marketing (New York, December 2017)
- Global Health (Boston, March 2017)
- Pathways to Medicine (Boston, March 2016)
- Careers in Biotech and the Life Sciences (Boston, December 2015)
- Careers for the Common Good (Boston, March 2015)
- Entertainment (Los Angeles, March 2015)
- Careers in Law (Boston, December 2013)