Off the Green is a career immersion program series (offered during Dartmouth breaks) focused on a career field or industry in a major metropolitan area. Each Off the Green program is designed to provide undergraduate students with an overview of a particular industry sector. The Off the Green program is a joint partnership of the CPD and the Office of Alumni Relations; other Dartmouth offices often co-sponsor individual programs if they are offered in a mission-relevant industry.
Students participating in the program engage in a series of site visits, presentations/panels, and an alumni networking social.
- Learn about the range of positions available in an industry sector
- Observe the differences between organizations including: office dynamics, culture, layout of the organization/facility, dress, interaction between colleagues, etc.
- Make connections and establish relationships
- Enhance and strengthen your networking skills
Why the program was created:
- Opportunity to explore career areas of interest
- Get an insider's view of professional work environments
- Network and seek advice and guidance from alumni and parents in the field
Off the Green Tech & eCommerce will be held in Boston on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
This day-long program will focus on exploring the range of available careers in fields related to Tech and eCommerce. The event will include four on-site visits to Tech and eCommerce organizations, conversations with alumni and others working in the field and a networking reception with parents and alumni. You will have ample opportunities to ask questions and engage in meaningful conversations. Program participants will meet at Google in the morning and travel together as a group throughout the day. Here is the event schedule:
Site Visit to Google, Cambridge, MA
Quincy Market, Boston, MA
Criteo, Digital Media Advertising Agency
Catalant Technologies, Software Provider
Wayfair, Global eCommerce Firm
Alumni Reception (6-7:30 PM), Wayfair
This program is open to all Dartmouth undergraduate students and is limited to 25 student participants. Apply by Friday, February 16 to participate in the program; a $20 refundable deposit will be required to secure your spot following your acceptance into the program.
- Advertising & Marketing (New York, December 2017)
- Global Health (Boston, March 2017)
- Pathways to Medicine (Boston, March 2016)
- Careers in Biotech and the Life Sciences (Boston, December 2015)
- Careers for the Common Good (Boston, March 2015)
- Entertainment (Los Angeles, March 2015)
- Careers in Law (Boston, December 2013)