The Student Experiential Learning Fund (SELF) is directed by the Center for Professional Development (CPD). The fund supports students’ skill, confidence, and capacity building through unpaid or low-paid, intentional experience with and critical reflection on:
- Internships and externships
- Non-Dartmouth research opportunities
- Social sector and direct service experiences
Key Funding Criteria:
Experiences must closely align with career and/or academic interests. Priority is given to students who have not received funding from SELF or another campus resource. Applicants are required to seek the most economical options for housing, transportation, etc. so that funds can support as many students as possible.
Applications will be reviewed and selection decisions will be made by a selection committee.
We recommend you read our Frequently Asked Questions in advance of your application.
If selected for funding, students are required to register any travel and submit the following forms, which will be provided upon notification of funding decisions:
- A signed acknowledgment and risk release
- A signed funding contract
- An emergency contact form
- A post-experience report outlining their overall experience, reflecting on key learning, and describing how the experience connected with career and academic interests.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com.
SELF Stories: Chris Cheng '19 (1:17): https://youtu.be/O6IEZIhe1KQ
SELF Stories: Shannon Sartain '21 (1:16): https://youtu.be/dl0KS8O4pcY
SELF Stories: Emmanuel Berrelleza '21 (1:38): https://youtu.be/Xg3O_izxgvs
SELF Stories: P.J. O'Sullivan '19 (1:42): https://youtu.be/7IxTWF1N6Cs
SELF Stories: Sirajum Sandhi '21 (1:07): https://youtu.be/MPYwTmoJ8hc
SELF Stories: Benjamin Whitman '19 (1:09): https://youtu.be/LErOlfFwUQA