Our latest workshop with Joe Tringali was an absolute success! and it was recently featured at Dartmouth Now:
Biomedical Science Careers conference, April 4-5 in Boston. Abstracts accepted till Feb. 19; check out the flyer for more details.
Have you heard of The "Gear Up!" event? This event is designed to help you build your research toolkit. There you will:
- Meet the people who can support your research; bring your questions to ask the experts.
- Get to know the software, tools, resources, and services available for your research.
DATE: Friday, February 28, 2014
TIME: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
LOCATION: DHMC, Auditorium F
Drop by ANY time during the event and learn about these and more:
*PIVOT - the grants database
*RAPPORT – research administrative system
*DMPTool - data management plan tool
*BrowZine - journal browsing app
*Reference managers, e.g., Zotero, Mendeley and RefWorks
*Synergy: The Dartmouth Clinical and Translational Science Institute
*Computational resources: servers, clusters, and virtual machines
* RStor – secure file storage for research data
* Application and Programming Consulting
*Support for statistical and math packages
*Code development, optimizing, and debugging services
*Funding for open access publishing
*Synergy: Biomedical Informatics Core, eagle-i, REDCap, Profiles
*Dartmouth Life Sciences Shared Resources
*Copyright and Creative Commons
*Research and productivity apps
* Measuring your research impact (e.g., impact factors)
* Conflict of Interest: online disclosure system and College policy
* CTO: Ensure fiscal and regulatory compliance in clinical trials
* Find out about Material Transfer Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Invention Disclosures
* CPHS: Understanding of human subjects research, including federal regulations, ethical standards, and IRB review process
* Get answers to your invention and patent related questions
* Books from the Dartmouth College Library on statistics, writing for publication, presenting your research, and planning your career.
* And more!
The event is SPONSORED BY THE DARTMOUTH COLLEGE LIBRARY/BIOMEDICAL LIBRARIES
Salvador Almagro-Moreno, Ph.D.
President of Dartmouth College Postdoctoral Association