POSTDOC RESEARCH DAY
Expanding Minds & Changing the World
LSC – room 201
1:00pm Welcome and opening remarks:
Special Guest, Dave Kotz, Interim Provost.
1:20 pm Professional Dev. Workshop (open to everyone!)
“Network for Success” Special Guest, Alice Ly, Harvard University
2:30pm Speed Round - Research Presentations Selected Speakers
3:30pm Research Poster Presentations
4:30pm Reception Opens
4:45pm Awards Announced
To facilitate some quick communications for our postdoc community, the DCPDA now has a SLACK channel. It is essentially a "workroom" or a community where we can post quick messages about things any of us might want to let others know about. For example - Great social event happening this weekend? you've discovered an amazing local resource for postdocs with families? are you leaving/looking for a great apartment? Looking for/Sharing a ride? Jump onto slack, and get connected!
Professional Development Resources:
#1 Dartmouth is an Institutional Member of the National Postdoc Association, which means anyone with a dartmouth.edu email address may becoming an affiliate member of NPA.
As an NPA Affiliate Member, you are entitled to these benefits:
• Subscription to NPA e-alerts, a periodic news announcement, and The POSTDOCket, the NPA’s official quarterly newsletter
• Reduced registration fees to the NPA Annual Meeting & eligibility for the NPA travel award program
• Access to members-only NPA web content
• Access to NPA member groups to connect & network with fellow NPA members
• Discounts to some services and products. Click here for information on discounts from SciPhD (members only page).
• Opportunities to serve and contribute your expertise on a variety of NPA committees
• National representation on postdoctoral issues
To register, click here
#2 Dartmouth's Institutional Membership in the NCFDD provides postdocs and faculty access to the numerous resources:
• Multi-week Facilitated Learning Communities
• Monthly core training workshops
• Monthly guest expert workshops
• Audio, slides and transcripts of all workshops so you can learn at your convenience
• A private peer mentoring forum
• Monthly accountability buddy match
• Moderated monthly writing challenges
• Weekly productivity tips via the Monday Motivator
1. Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website: http://www.facultydiversity.org/
2. Select the “Become a Member” tab and choose “Individual Membership.”
3. On the Individual Membership page select “Click Here”
4. On the “Select Your Member Type” page, select “Institutional Sub-Account,” and
5. On the “Select a Username” page use your institution issued e-mail address in the Username box
6. Complete the registration process
#3 Create an Individual Development Plan (IDP) and map our your career: http://myidp.sciencecareers.org/
Check out the event schedule so you don't miss the upcoming social events!
The Dartmouth Indian Graduate Students Association – Dartmouth Desis, is presenting their first event ‘Bollywood Dance Night’ on 29th of January, Friday from 9:00pm to midnight at Collis Common Ground. We will be serving some Indian snacks too, as an added incentive for joining us!
We hope to see you at the dance floor!
Facebook link to the event : https://www.facebook.com/events/1747507692134912/