POSTDOC RESEARCH DAY
Expanding Minds & Changing the World
LSC – room 201
1:00pm Welcome and opening remarks:
Special Guest, Dave Kotz, Interim Provost.
1:20 pm Professional Dev. Workshop (open to everyone!)
“Network for Success” Special Guest, Alice Ly, Harvard University
2:30pm Speed Round - Research Presentations Selected Speakers
3:30pm Research Poster Presentations
4:30pm Reception Opens
4:45pm Awards Announced
To facilitate some quick communications for our postdoc community, the DCPDA now has a SLACK channel. It is essentially a "workroom" or a community where we can post quick messages about things any of us might want to let others know about. For example - Great social event happening this weekend? you've discovered an amazing local resource for postdocs with families? are you leaving/looking for a great apartment? Looking for/Sharing a ride? Jump onto slack, and get connected!
Professional Development Resources:
#1 Dartmouth is an Institutional Member of the National Postdoc Association, which means anyone with a dartmouth.edu email address may becoming an affiliate member of NPA.
As an NPA Affiliate Member, you are entitled to these benefits:
• Subscription to NPA e-alerts, a periodic news announcement, and The POSTDOCket, the NPA’s official quarterly newsletter
• Reduced registration fees to the NPA Annual Meeting & eligibility for the NPA travel award program
• Access to members-only NPA web content
• Access to NPA member groups to connect & network with fellow NPA members
• Discounts to some services and products. Click here for information on discounts from SciPhD (members only page).
• Opportunities to serve and contribute your expertise on a variety of NPA committees
• National representation on postdoctoral issues
To register, click here
#2 Dartmouth's Institutional Membership in the NCFDD provides postdocs and faculty access to the numerous resources:
• Multi-week Facilitated Learning Communities
• Monthly core training workshops
• Monthly guest expert workshops
• Audio, slides and transcripts of all workshops so you can learn at your convenience
• A private peer mentoring forum
• Monthly accountability buddy match
• Moderated monthly writing challenges
• Weekly productivity tips via the Monday Motivator
1. Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website: http://www.facultydiversity.org/
2. Select the “Become a Member” tab and choose “Individual Membership.”
3. On the Individual Membership page select “Click Here”
4. On the “Select Your Member Type” page, select “Institutional Sub-Account,” and
5. On the “Select a Username” page use your institution issued e-mail address in the Username box
6. Complete the registration process
#3 Create an Individual Development Plan (IDP) and map our your career: http://myidp.sciencecareers.org/
Check out the event schedule so you don't miss the upcoming social events!
adult night at the science museum
March 11, 6-9pm Montshire Museum of Science, Norwich, VT
DCPDA will cover admission for all post-docs!