Post Doc Buddy Program

New to DCPDA since 2017, we are starting our own Buddy Program.

The idea of this is to connect incoming post docs with current, helping to assist on all things related to becoming a post doc at Dartmouth. We encourage all new post docs to take up the opportunity on having a buddy. Especially for those joining us during the coronavirus pandemic - we are happy to help connect you to resources in the Upper Valley.

Below we list all DCPDA buddies, take a look at their biographies, and reach out to any that you think most closely match your research/interests/background!

Current DCPDA Buddies (2020-2021 season)

Theresa E. Gildner

I am on my second year of postdoc in the Department of Anthropology. I moved to Upper Valley from Oregon. I am a biological anthropologist interested in the effects of human behavior and the environment on disease risk, especially parasitic infection. This year I serve as President of the DCPDA, organizing all the fun events for our postdoctoral community. Contact me: theresa.e.gildner@dartmouth.edu

Kate M. Rose

I'm a second year postdoc in the Institute for Writing and Rhetoric. I completed my PhD in science communication from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2019. My research focuses on science and risk communication, with an emphasis on public understanding of controversial scientific issues. Contact me: kathleen.m.rose@dartmouth.edu

Hannah E. Laue

I am a second year postdoc in the Department of Epidemiology at Geisel. I received my degree in environmental epidemiology from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and my work focuses on the infant microbiome. Outside of work I enjoy baking, hiking, and serving as the DCPDA social chair. Contact me: hannah.e.laue@dartmouth.edu