Post Doc Buddy Program

New to DCPDA since 2017, we are starting our own Buddy Program.

The idea of this is to connect incoming post docs with current, helping to assist on all things related to becoming a post doc at Dartmouth. We encourage all new post docs to take up the opportunity on having a buddy; we promise we will be of some use!!

Below we list all DCPDA buddies, take a look at their biographies, and reach out to any that you think most closely match your research/interests/background!

Current DCPDA Buddies (2019-2020 season)

Emily Weyburne

I'm a third year postdoc in the Molecular Systems Biology department and a president of DCDPA. My field of interest is cancer biology. I completed my PhD at Dartmouth as well, and so have seven total years of experience in the Upper Valley area. Outside of lab I enjoy rock climbing, hiking, and yoga. Contact me: emily.s.weyburne@dartmouth.edu

Theresa E. Gildner

I am on my second year of postdoc in the Department of Anthropology. I moved to Upper Valley from Oregon. I am a biological anthropologist interested in the effects of human behavior and the environment on disease risk, especially parasitic infection. This year I serve as a Social
Chair for the DCPDA, organizing all the fun events for our postdoctoral community. Contact me: theresa.e.gildner@dartmouth.edu

Sarah Katzenell

I’m originally from Israel, and I came to Dartmouth in 2010 for graduate school in the M/I department. In 2016 I graduated and joined a biochemistry lab in the chemistry department. My scientific interests are physiology and cell biology. Outside the lab, I have 2 kids and a husband; we like cooking, eating, all manner of outdoor activities (hiking, canoeing, kayaking, snow-shoeing, camping) and crafts. Contact me: sarah.katzenell@dartmouth.edu

Raj Chakrabarti

I am Raj, a third year postdoc in the Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Geisel School of Medicine. Before coming to Dartmouth I did my masters in Biophysics & Molecular Biology and Ph.D in Biochemistry from University of Calcutta, India. My home country is India and I have been in the US for almost 3 years now. I work on actin dynamics and organelle functions in cells; When I am not in lab, I try to enjoy all the outdoors things the Upper Valley has to offer. Contact me: Rajarshi.Chakrabarti@dartmouth.edu

Angela Henricks

I am a post-doc in the Psychiatry Department in the Geisel School of Medicine. My research focuses on understanding the neurobiological underpinnings of mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders. I completed my PhD at Washington State University in 2016 and have loved exploring the Upper Valley over the last two years. Outside of work, I like to go hiking, boating and fishing, or just hanging out by the lake with my husband, infant daughter and fur baby. Contact me: angela.m.henricks@dartmouth.edu

Natalia Sizochenko (Syzochenko)

I joined Dartmouth in January 2018. I am Ukrainian and I earned my PhD in chemistry from the University of Gdansk (Poland).  I am currently a postdoc in the Department of Computer Science and a Chair of communications & outreach in the DCPDA. I will be happy to chat about immigration, change of research field, or how to survive without without car in Upper Valley. Outside of work, I like to learn something new (like project management and data science), to play piano and guitar, to do small handmade items, and to play with my ragdoll cat Corwin. Contact me: sizochenko@dartmouth.edu