Dartmouth EMS’s Public Access Defibrillator Program aims to make AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators) accessible in case of sudden cardiac arrest. We manage and keep records for all college-owned AEDs, and we work to ensure that they are in optimal condition and that the entire campus is covered. You can see where these devices are located on this page.
In addition to these permanent locations, Dartmouth EMS and Safety and Security always keep units in their vehicles and the Safety Boat to be sure that one is always available in case of an emergency. Some units also float among departments as needed for particular events.
If your department would like an AED ordered and installed, or if you have any questions, please contact us at Dartmouth.EMS@Dartmouth.edu.
Click map to enlarge
Detailed AED Descriptions
- Collis: Inside and to the left along the walkway beside the stairs. Located on the far wall between the eating area and Commonground.
- 53 Commons: Inside the main entrance and on the wall immediately to the right of the door.
- Hanover Inn: Through the main entrance and behind the front desk.
- Hopkins Center 1: Through the main entrance, on the left wall by the bathrooms near Moore Theater.
- Hopkins Center 2: Through the main entrance, down the hall way to the right, past Hinman Mail Center, past the Courtyard Café. The AED is located outside Spaulding Auditorium on the wall closest to the café.
- Hood Museum of Art: The AED is located in the basement outside Hood Auditorium. Reach this by going past the docent desk and down the stairs along the left hand wall of the museum.
- Heating Plant: The AED is located in the breakroom, which can be accessed by going through the doors to the right of the main entrance. The AED is on the back wall of the breakroom, directly opposite the door.
- Black Visual Arts Center: Near the ground floor auditorium outside the bathrooms.
- 4 Currier Place: Go up to the second floor. The AED is near the mailboxes
- McKenzie Hall: Enter McKenzie Hall through the door to FO&M (the door across from the outside door). Take the hallway to the left of the cock on the wall, through the door to the Work Control Center. The AED is in the hallway just beyond the Troubleshooters office but before the Building Repair shop, on the right side.
- Moore: Enter through the front entrance of Moore. Right in the hallway.
- Rollins Chapel: Enter through the front entrance of Rollins and locate the bathrooms in the front hallway. The AED is located in the small bathroom alcove.
- Parkhurst: Through the main entrance, up the stairs, and to the right. The AED is located on the wall behind the set of stairs leading to the third floor.
- Blunt: Through the main entrance and to the right. The AED is on the wall opposite the elevators.
- McNutt 1: Use the entrance closest to the computer store, which is located in the basement. This is down a ramp on the side of the building. The AED is on the wall past the repair shop and the computer store.
- McNutt 2: Go up the stairs to the 2nd floor. Speak to the front desk of the Financial Services offices and tell them you’re there the check the AED. The AED is to the left of the front desk, right behind the door to the offices.
Fairchild: 1st floor, next to main entrance elevator.
- Baker: Enter Baker Hall from the front grand entrance. The AED is right behind the wall to the front desk.
- Berry 1: Go through Baker hall and into Berry, or enter through Novak café and go up the stairs to first floor Berry. There is a wide study area on one side of the floor, while the other has computers, bathrooms, and printers. The AED is on the wall next to the printers.
- Rauner Library: Enter Rauner from the main door on the left, and the AED is located on the wall directly in front of you.
- Tuck – Byrne: Go in through the main entrance and down the stairs. The AED is located by the mailroom.
- Tuck – Tuck Hall: Go through the main entrance of Tuck and in the entry way on the left side is the AED
- Tuck – Raether: Go in through the main entrance to Raether and down the staircase directly inside the entrance. The AED is located on the wall by the coat rack, which is to the left of the staircase.
- Tuck – Whittemore 1: Enter Whittemore through the entrance near the River Cluster. Turn right just as you enter the building and walk to the far wall. The AED is on a wall to the left of room 114.
- Tuck – Whittemore 2: Enter Whittemore through the entrance near the River Cluster. Turn left to find the staircase, go down to the lower floor, take a left, and then take the first right towards the restrooms. The AED is on a wall at the end of this hallway.
- Tuck – Buchanan: Go through the main entrance and go up to the 3rd floor. The AED is located at the far end (east) of the hall on the left hand wall by the staircase.
- Thayer 1: Access the Thayer Atrium from either Engineering Drive or the Tuck drive circle. The AED is located opposite the information desk on the left hand wall.
- Thayer 2: The Great Hall is located in Cummings Hall. The AED is on the left hand wall by the hallway that has the stairway that leads to the atrium.
- Friends of Dartmouth Rowing Boathouse: Access the boathouse by walking down the stairway behind Whittemore, in the Tuck/Thayer area. Enter the boathouse from the entrance facing campus. The AED is immediately inside the entrance on the left.
- Fuller Boathouse: This boathouse is visible from the Friends of Dartmouth Rowing Boathouse. Leaving Friends of Dartmouth, it is the white building on the left. Approach the boathouse from this side, and the AED is in a cabinet mounted outside the garage door on the far right.
- Hanover Country Club: Follow Rope Ferry Rd. to reach the country club. Enter the gear shop, and look to the left to find the fireplace. The AED is located on the right side of the fireplace, near the cash register.
- DOC House: The DOC House is located on the north side of Occum pond. The AED is inside the building down the hallway to the left. It is on the wall near the bathroom.
- Dick’s House: During the fall, winter, and spring terms: Enter 7 Rope Ferry Rd. from the parking lot between the medical school admissions office, the medical school, and McLaughlin. Go up the stairs that are immediately inside the door to the second floor. Take the door on the right. The AED is on the right wall in the inpatient department.
- During the summer term and interim periods: Enter 7 Rope Ferry Rd. from the parking lot between the medical school admissions office, the medical school, and McLaughlin housing cluster. Go through the door into nearest the stairway into the area with the exam rooms. The AED is in a cabinet on the right.
- Remsen: Go through the main entrance to the medical school. Go into the hallway to the left of the entrance to enter Remsen hall. The AED is located on the left hand wall at the first hallway leading left.
- Vail 3rd floor: The AED is located on the wall immediately to the right of the main entrance to the medical school, across from the elevator.
- Vail 8th floor: Go through the main entrance to the medical school and take the elevator to the 8th floor. The AED is on the wall immediately across from the elevator.
- Life Science Center: The AED is located on the ground floor between the elevator and room 167.Dana Biomedical Library: Bathroom across from the kitchen.
- Aquinas House: Enter through the front door (middle entrance) with the sign “Catholic Student Center” above it. The AED is on the right of the entrance foyer.
- Roth Center: Enter through the main door nearest Occom Ridge. Walk into the main foyer and turn left into the kitchen, past the elevator. The AED is on the right just inside the kitchen door.
- Alumni Gym 1: Go through the main entrance to the Alumni Gym. The AED is on the wall behind the reception desk.
- Alumni Gym 2: Enter the Alumni Gym through the main entrance and go down the stairs immediately on the left towards the pools. At the bottom of the stairs, make a left and then another left and head towards the elevator. Make a left at the elevator. The AED is in the hallway on the left that is just past the vending machines and leads to the men’s public locker room and rest rooms and the Karl Michael and Spaulding Pools.
- Alumni Gym 3: Go through the main entrance to the Alumni Gym and up the staircase immediately to the right. Enter Zimmerman Fitness Center and pass through the revolving gates. The AED is on the left wall by the doors to the mechanical room.
- Berry Sports Center: Enter the Alumni Gym and walk straight, past the reception desk. Walk to the back of the lounge area. Turn left towards the women’s locker rooms and Berry Sports Center and take the long hallway on the right. At the end of the hallway, make a left and then another left and cross Berry Link. In the pool view room, make a right and enter the large squash courts area. The AED is at the end of the squash courts room on the far left wall.
- Leverone Field House: The AED is on the wall by the men’s bathroom, which is across from the entrance nearest Alumni Gym.
- Thompson Arena: The AED is located outside Concession stand #7 by the rink.
- Boss Tennis Center: The Tennis Center has a walkway leading to the main entrance, located in the back of the building farthest from Thompson Arena. The AED is located immediately inside the first door of the main entrance on the left. It is visible from outside the building.
- Floren Varsity House: Enter through the door across from the back of the Alumni Gym. Go through the double doors and the AED is located just to the left of the door.
- Skiway: The AED is located inside the main entrance on the left hand side of the door by the fire extinguisher.
- Rugby Clubhouse: The AED is located inside the clubhouse next to the kitchen, by the restrooms. It is occasionally locked up in the storage room.
- Child Care Center: The AED is located inside the main entrance immediately to the right.
- Sailing/Skiway: This AED splits its time between the Sailing Facility and the Dartmouth Skiway depending on the season. When at the Sailing Facility the AED is kept behind the large double doors on the left.
- Moosilauke Lodge/Skiway: This AED moves between Moosilauke and the Dartmouth Skiway. When at Moosilauke it is located by the kitchen on the east side of the hallway.
- 41 Centerra: Go through the main entrance and up to the second floor. The AED is located in the 2nd floor lobby by the elevator.
- Riding Center: Enter the building attached to the stables and find Sally’s office. The AED is on a wall.
- West Central Behavioral Health / Lebanon Recovery Center / 85 Mechanic Street: This building is called Rivermill Commercial Center, and the AED is located in the Recovery Center of Lebanon, Suite 360. When you enter the main building, the office is to the left. Go through the office doors, pass the front desk, and the AED is on the far wall.
- Oak Hill (AED HERE IN WINTER ONLY): A DOC equipment facility. Looks like a log cabin. AED is In a box outside of the equipment shed (where mountain biking equipment is stored)