As you prepare for next term's courses, you might want to begin working on your Canvas sites by copying content from an old course. If so, follow these steps to transfer content from one Canvas site to another:
- Navigate to your new site, and click Settings at the bottom of the navigation menu on the left.
- Click Import Content into this Course in the column on the right.
- Now select Copy a Canvas Course in the drop-down menu next to Content Type.
- Use the drop-down menu next to Search for a course to find the Canvas site that will be copied into the new site.
- You have the option to either copy All content or Select specific content. Indicate which you'd prefer by ticking the box.
- Next, you have the option to Adjust events and due dates. If you don't tick this box, all events and due dates from your old course will be copied!
- If you don't use the calendar or post assignments on Canvas, this is fine.
- If you do use the calendar or post assignments on Canvas, you should consider adjusting the dates. You can either shift dates by using the Beginning date and Ending date fields below, or you can opt to remove dates completely.
- If you choose Shift dates, the Beginning date should be the first day of classes for the term, and the Ending date should be the last day of exams.
- Now click Import.
If you've copied All content, you're done! Your new Canvas site is a duplicate of your old site, and you can begin making changes for the new term. If you've ticked Select specific content, proceed to the next step.
- Click Select Content.
- Tick the boxes next to the type of content you want to copy (Course Settings, Syllabus Body, Wiki Pages, etc.). You can also click the arrow next to each box to expand the list. This allows you to choose particular items for each type of content.
- Now click Select Content again. And you're all done!
Please click here to read the Canvas guide on copying courses or contact the Canvas team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this process.