With the craziness and stress that come with the last few weeks of the term, it can be hard to find the time to sift through closets and put together fashionable outfits in advance — personally, staying comfy is my only priority during a stressful week. Over the years, I’ve picked up on a few hacks to look put-together with minimal effort … Here are some of my favorite wardrobe styling essentials/tips and outfit combinations!

Keep Colors Simple: Stick to monochrome outfits/neutrals

I find it a lot easier to put together outfits either all in one color (monochrome) or with only neutral-colored pieces–there’s no stress over whether patterns, prints, or colors will clash, and endless possibilities for combinations within neutral top/bottom pairings.

Tight/Loose Combination: Tank top/tight top + sweats  / Oversized top + shorts/tight bottoms

I personally love wearing loose, oversized clothing, especially on days where I’m feeling particularly burnt out and tired. Rather than wearing sweats head-to-toe, I’ve found that it’s easy to put together balanced outfits with either a small top/big bottoms or with a big top/small bottoms. 

Dress Down by “Dressing Up”: Dresses/rompers

Dresses and rompers are perfect for looking put together, but are also easily thrown on and come without the effort of matching tops/bottoms! Some of my personal favorites for lazy days are looser dresses and rompers.