- First and foremost, a request for funds is not a guarantee of funds.
- The GSC may choose to partially fund a request.
- Funding is by reimbursement only; please keep all receipts for BER submission.
- Events funded by the GSC must be promoted and open to all graduate students. Events that do not meet these requirements may result in reduced or revoked funding.
- Approval of funds will be more forthcoming if you also seek funds from other relevant student organizations (e.g., the Thayer Council and the Geisel Student Government).
- The GSC does not approve funding for events that provide alcohol at private parties. If you are planning on serving alcohol, you must follow the Dartmouth Social Event Policy.
- Unauthorized use of the GSC chart string for any purpose by any student or student group is strictly prohibited and will be reviewed by the GSC for possible penalty and fees.
Any funding request form is to be considered as a binding written contract between the GSC and the requesting student organization. Any violation of the terms mentioned in the funding request will be considered an infraction on the part of the student organization.
The seriousness of the infraction will be decided upon on the basis of the following factors:
- The number of terms violated on the funding request form.
- The past history of the student organization in dealing with the GSC, extending up to a maximum of 2 fiscal years.
- The extent of these violations; this will be decreed by a consensus between Executive Board members or Council Representatives:
- If the funding request is a “fast track” funding request approved by the Executive Board members, the imposition of the penalty will be decided by the Executive Board.
- If the funding request is not a “fast track” funding request and was approved by the Council Representatives, the imposition of the penalty will be decided by the Council Representatives.