“I grew up in West Newbury, Vermont and graduated from Hanover High School. My husband and I wanted to be in a more rural area to raise our kids, so we moved back here after living in Chicago, London, and New York City. While I originally went to DePaul University for opera performance I pivoted to music education out of a desire to apply my love of music to supporting budding musicians and their passions. The performing arts world can be highly competitive and I found a passion for music education and supporting other musicians in positive and meaningful ways.

My favorite element of teaching continues to be the energy exchange between myself and my students. It is a rewarding and amazing thing to work with them through challenges and watch them find their way to success. It is also very humbling because at any moment you could be making mistakes in front of them, but you are learning and growing together. Teaching music has never felt like a job. I have been really lucky to go into a profession that I love. It is easy to feel pressure to be pulled in directions other people feel you should go, and it takes courage to follow your passion. Knowing in your gut that you have a burning desire and you are going to chase it. 

My husband and I have had a dream of launching an art school since we met in 2002. It is a big jump, leaving a well-established career and starting something brand new and unknown, building the plane as we are in it. I have had late nights waking up scared that I might mess up, but I know that if I don’t go for it, at some point in my life, I will look back and ask myself why I didn’t try.” 

– Jennifer Chambers, Etna, NH

March 6, 2023