What is the International Graduate student Mentorship Program (IGMP)?
The IGMP is an organization of current graduate students at Dartmouth who work with incoming international students to help their transition to life in the US. We do this by matching incoming students with current international students who serve as their mentors.
Mentors help new students by:
- Answering questions about preparation for arrival at Dartmouth.
- Picking up incoming students from the bus and bring them to their new homes.
- Helping new students get settled and provide advice about life in the Upper Valley.
IGMP organizes social events and activities to foster an international community here at Dartmouth and to provide a network of support for international students throughout their time here.
Timeline of IGMP mentorship activities
- June: IGMP mentors volunteer to help this year’s incoming students.
- July: IGMP contacts incoming students to offer mentorship services.
- August / September: New students arrive at Dartmouth.