I love voting so much, I voted twice!

Morgan Davis, left, votes at Bonsack Baptist Church on Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2016 in Roanoke, Va. (Heather Rousseau/The Roanoke Times via AP)

Hi, my name is Polly, and on Tuesday I voted! I love voting so much! Voting makes me the happiest I have ever been. Ever. I have never been happier. Nothing makes me happier than being in a voting booth, by myself, with a pen, and some candidate names, and some bubbles, and filling in those bubbles, the ones next to the candidate names, with the pen, by myself, in the booth. More than that, I love exercising my constitutional right to vote. I love voting so, so much. So much, in fact, that I voted twice!

That’s right, I love voting so much, that after I did the aforementioned things (the things I love doing), I went to the next district over, registered there again, and submitted another ballot. I just love doing my civic duty so much, I did it again!

Most people only vote once, but that’s because they don’t love freedom like I do.  Some people call me a fraud. But I’m no fraud. They’re frauds! They claim to be patriots, but they are jealous that I am more patriotic than them. They know I am, because I voted twice. I am a vote-phile of sorts. If that makes you uncomfortable, that’s because you hate democracy. I don’t hate democracy. I voted twice.

People died for our right to vote, and the best way to honor their memory is to vote as many times as you can. Nobody told me not to vote twice! So I did. And I loved it so much.

– JG ’20

Be the first to comment on "I love voting so much, I voted twice!"