Dartmouth Tradition: Pee on Your Friends?

In response to the emerging prominence of urination culture on campus in the past couple years, our reporters have interviewed a couple students about the practice. Here’s what they found:

Valerie ’21 | San Francisco, CA | She, Her, Hers

“Heck yeah I pee on my friends! I still remember the first golden shower we did it on Trips. It really got us through that awkward stage and bonded me and all my Trippies. Through the whole duration of the Trip we ran around the campsite trying to wizz at each other and especially on through-hikers. We even made a slip n’ slide using our tarp. My only bad experience with this Dartmouth tradition is when a guy passed a kidney stone onto my forehead at a party during sophomore summer. It was a little much for me personally. But hey, we’ve been dating for 3 months now!”

.

Frankie ’22 | Newton, MA | He, Him, His

“I’d consider myself to be somewhat of a ‘wizz kid.’ At first, I was a little shy about it and mostly peed on people’s feet in the line at Collis, but I eventually came out of my shell. I’d say the turning point for me was having a tinkle at the top of the climbing wall with the whole climbing team cheering me on. That’s where I really found my community here. Nowadays my roommate and I pee on each other regularly in the room or even just passing on the green. I’ve found Nalgenes are fun targets as well as bikers, squirrels, and old people. It’s also a great way to get to know your Profs during office hours. I wouldn’t do it during class though.”

.

Jed ’23 | Nolensville, TN | He, Him, His

“Back at my high school we didn’t do a whole lot of peer urination, so it was a new concept to me upon arriving at Dartmouth. At first, I was a little weirded out when our UGA had us lie down in the basement at our first-floor meeting but having taken a leak on my floor mates and been leaked on by them, I now understand how such a unique Dartmouth tradition can foster community. I can’t wait for the end of the Frat ban so I can try my first oil change!”

.

Jack ’21 | Denver, CO | He, Him, His

“I personally get more of a kick out of getting peed on than doing the peeing. And that’s totally ok! People are so accepting here. When I’m asked if urination is a central part of social life here at Dartmouth, I respond, no, no it isn’t. Urination culture is certainly prevalent here, but no one will force you to pee if you don’t want to. I can’t guarantee that you won’t be peed on but that’s just a fact of going to college. Personally, if I’m at the house with my frat brothers on a Friday night, I’ll wee on anything that moves.”

-GV ’23

Be the first to comment on "Dartmouth Tradition: Pee on Your Friends?"