Site administrators are responsible for adding and managing users on their sites. Only users with a Dartmouth NetID may be added to the WordPress service. If you would like to give a user from outside the Dartmouth community an account on your site, he or she must apply for a sponsored NetID first.
All users on your site can be viewed by going to the Users section of your Dashboard. From this screen, you can add users to your site, remove them, or change their roles.
Adding a new user
From the Users section of your site's Dashboard, click "Add New." If you know the user already has an account on the WordPress service, type either their email or Dartmouth NetID in the "Add Existing User" section. If you do not know whether he or she already has an account, try this first. (Lookup a NetID...)
If the user does not already have an account on the WordPress service, you must add them and assign the new user a role (more about roles, below). Once a user is added to the system, his or her account may be added to other sites as an existing user.
All users on your site must have a Dartmouth NetID and email address. If you need to add a user to your site who is outside the Dartmouth community, he or she must have a sponsored DND.
- Administrator: Has access to all the administration features
- Editor: Can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users' posts, etc.
- Author: Can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor: Can write and manage their posts but not publish them
- Subscriber: Can only manage their profile