Site administrators are responsible for adding and managing users on their sites. Only users with a Dartmouth NetID may be added to the WordPress service. If you would like to give a user from outside the Dartmouth community an account on your site, he or she must apply for a sponsored NetID first.
All users on your site can be viewed by going to the Users section of your Dashboard. From this screen, you can add users to your site, remove them, or change their roles.
Adding a new user
From the Users section of your site's Dashboard, click "Blog & User Creator." If you know the user already has an account on the WordPress service, then fill in the Add Existing Users tab. If you aren't sure, then fill in the Add New Users tab. If you don't know the NetID, you can use the lookup link to find it. If you get an error that the user already exists, then switch to the Add Existing Users tab, and try again there. You can add 5 or more users at a time.
All users on your site must have a Dartmouth NetID and email address. If you need to add a user to your site who is outside the Dartmouth community, he or she must obtain a sponsored account.
- Administrator: Has access to all the administration features
- Editor: Can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users' posts, etc.
- Author: Can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor: Can write and manage their posts but not publish them
- Subscriber: Can only manage their profile