Traveling to Hanover

By Plane

There are four major airports serving the region: Boston, M.A. (Logan International); Burlington, V.T.; Hartford, C.T.; and Manchester, N.H.

By Bus

BOSTON LOGAN AIRPORT

Dartmouth Coach, a private company (800-637-0123; www.dartmouthcoach.com) provides bus service to Boston (Logan Airport or South Station Bus Terminal).

The bus terminal is next to the Hanover Inn.

MANCHESTER AIRPORT

Greyhound Lines (formerly Vermont Transit; 800-231-2222; www.greyhound.com) provides bus service from Manchester Airport to Hanover.

By Train

Amtrak (800-872-7245; www.amtrak.com) provides service to White River Junction, V.T., located five miles from Hanover. Taxi service is available between Hanover and White River Junction.

By Car

Two interstate highways (I-89 and I-91) pass within a few miles of Hanover and make driving from Boston, New York, Burlington, Manchester, Hartford or Montreal an easy trip. For detailed driving directions and travel times, go online to www.mapquest.com.

BOSTON

Directions: take I-93 North to I-89 North to Exit 18 and follow signs for Hanover (about four miles)

Driving Time: 2½ hours

NEW YORK CITY, HARTFORD AND MONTREAL

Directions: take I-91 to Exit 13 and follow signs to Hanover (about one mile).

Driving Time: 2 hours from Hartford

BURLINGTON

Directions: take I-89 South to I-91 North in White River Junction, V.T., to Exit 13 and follow signs to Hanover (about one mile).

Driving Time: 1½ hours

MANCHESTER

Directions: take I-93 North to I-89 North to Exit 18 and follow signs to Hanover (about four miles).

Driving Time: 1½ hours