In 2013, the Optics in Medicine Laboratory released the Monte Carlo GEANT4/GAMOS Tissue Optical Modeling software. This is described in a publication in Biomedical Optics Express, 2013.
Since this publication, GAMOS has evolved from version 4.0 to 6.1. We have recently updated the plugin to be compatible with GAMOS 6.1. In a publication currently on ArXiv.org we describe how to implement a container-based cloud distribution of this code.
Here are a list of pertinent files:
- User’s Manual (PDF)
- GAMOS core source code
- Example simulation files
- GAMOS 6.1 with tissue optics plugin Ubuntu 18.04 VM
- This can be run using VirtualBox
- The admin password is gamos
- GAMOS 6.1 container
- Currently designed for use using Amazon Web Services, but future revisions will allow local deployment
- [Python] Programatic deployment of cloud infrastructure to run GAMOS 6.1 in a parallel architecture
- [Python] Simple geometry builder
- [Python] Simulation analysis
- Assumes data coming from AWS S3 bucket
- MATLAB GEANT4/GAMOS .m file
The Python files listed above are available to execute interactively through a web-browser upon request.
Please note Windows has not been tested. If you have a Windows system and would like to test this version of GAMOS, please download VirtualBox and the VM listed above.