We study the multicellular interactions between neurons and glia in the brain with a primary focus on the development, plasticity, and regeneration of myelinating oligodendrocytes. Techniques include high-resolution optical imaging in combination with molecular labels, genetic manipulation, and sensors of cellular physiology.
Positions are available at the undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral levels.
- March 2020 – Welcome rotating graduate student Genaro Olveda!
- December 2019 – Welcome rotating graduate students Amelia and Diana!
- November 2019 – Tim publishes a review on myelin plasticity in adulthood and aging. Congrats Tim!
- September 2019 – Welcome undergraduate student Leeza Petrov!
- July 2019 – Welcome research scientist Beth Pereira and undergraduate student Nikhil Ganjoo!
- June 2019 – The lab receives seed funding from the Brain Research Foundation.
- April 2019 – New review paper published on optical imaging of myelin.
- January 2019 – Welcome undergraduate students Twisha Bhardwaj and Nikhil Lele!
- October 2018 – Welcome graduate student Tim Chapman!
- September 2018 – Welcome rotating graduate student Erik Brink and undergraduate student Alec Vaules!
- July 2018 – The lab officially opened.
- March 2018 – New paper in Nature Neuroscience highlighted by Faculty of 1000, Neuron, Nature Reviews and Yale News
- Hill RA, Li AM, and Grutzendler J. (2018) Nature Neuroscience. PMID: 29556031
- Hill RA, Damisah EC, Chen F, Kwan AC, and Grutzendler J. (2017) Nature Communications. PMID: 28621306
- Damisah EC*, Hill RA*, Tong L, Murray KN, Grutzendler J. (2017) Nature Neuroscience. PMID: 28504673
- Hill RA, Tong L, Yuan P, Murikinati S, Gupta S, and Grutzendler J. (2015) Neuron. PMID: 26119027
- Hill RA and Grutzendler J. (2014) Nature Methods. PMID: 25357236
- Hill RA, Patel KD, Goncalves CM, Grutzendler J, and Nishiyama A. (2014) Nature Neuroscience, PMID: 25262495
- Schain AJ, Hill RA, and Grutzendler J. (2014) Nature Medicine. PMID: 24681598
Robert Hill, PhD
Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
Hanover, NH 03755