Freshman MIT Experience in 19F

Tournaments are for members of all years and experience levels! They are a great experience to showcase what you've learned and accomplished and a wonderful experience for team bonding. If you are feeling a little unsure if tournaments could be for you, check out these testimonials from Kris and Catherine. Both of them went to the MIT tournament in 19F as freshman and white belts!

Kris Moreno, '23, warming up at the MIT Tournament, 19F
Kris Moreno, '23, sparring at the MIT Tournament, 19F

"Taking part in the tournament at MIT was one of the most fun things I got to do with my friends at TKD. It was very rewarding to be able to perform my poomsae in front of judges and have my team cheering me on from the sidelines. Personally, I was incredibly intimidated by sparring but I chose to participate regardless, and I don’t regret it. It was an experience I’m glad to have had, even if I lost. Not to mention it was very fun to get up early and share a nice road trip with the team and share some time together after it was all over!" --Kris Moreno, '23

Catherine Gorman, '23, performing Form 1 for the 19F Belt Test, just as she did in the MIT Tournament, 19F

“The MIT tournament was a great way to bond with the team. It’s super exciting to cheer on our teammates and watch all the hard work everyone puts in at practice pay off! Also we got McDonalds and Chipotle, which (sorry to break any '24s’ hearts) are not available in Hanover.” --Catherine Gorman, '23