- The Impact of Trade on Inequality in Developing Countries, Proceedings of Jackson Hole Economic Symposium. (also NBER Working paper 23878)
- Export Markets and Labor Allocation in a Low-Income Country, (with B. McCaig), American Economic Review, July 2018
- The Effects of Trade Policy, (with P. Goldberg), the Handbook of Commerical Policy (K. Bagwell and R. Staiger, Editors), 2016. Ungated version. Also NBER Working Paper 21957.
- Prices, Markups, and Trade Reform, (with P. Goldberg, J. De Loecker, and A. Khandelwal), Econometrica, Vol. 84, 2 (March 2016), pp. 445-510.
- Informal employment in a growing and globalizing low-income country, (w. B. McCaig), American Economic Review: Papers and Proceedings, 2015.
- Globalization and Within-country Inequality, in Making globalization socially sustainable, WTO/ILO, 2011.
- Imported Intermediate Inputs and Domestic Product Growth: Evidence from India, (with P. Goldberg, A. Khandelwal, and P. Topalova), Quarterly Journal of Economics 125(4) 2010, pp. 1727-1767.
- Trade Liberalization and New Imported Inputs, (with P. Goldberg, A. Khandelwal, and P. Topalova), American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings 99(2), pp. 494-500.
- Imported inputs and domestic product growth in India, CEPR VOxEU.org (with. P. Goldberg, and A. Khandelwal), December 1, 2008.
- Multi-product Firms and Product Turnover in the Developing World: Evidence from India (with P. Goldberg, A. Khandelwal, and P. Topalova), Review of Economics and Statistics, 92 (4), pp. 1042-1049.
web appendix, working paper version with more results is NBER Working Paper 14127
- Child labor and schooling in a globalizing world: Some evidence from urban India, (with E. Edmonds and P. Topalova). Journal of European Economic Association, Papers and Proceedings 2009, 7 (2-3), pp. 498-507
- Schooling costs: The link between tariff reform, poverty, and educational attainment, (with E. Edmonds), VoxEU.org May 2008.
- Trade Adjustment and Human Capital Investment: Evidence from Indian Tariff Reform, (with E. Edmonds and P. Topalova), American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, 2010, 2(4), pp. 42-75.
- Trade and Child Labour, (with E. Edmonds) VoxEU.org July 2007.
- Distributional Effects of Globalization in Developing Countries, this version: September 2006 (with P. Goldberg). Journal of Economic Literature March 2007, 45(1), pp. 39-82.
NBER Digest summary of this paper (August 2007) (link to NBER Digest here)
- The Effects of the Colombian Trade Liberalization on Urban Poverty, (with P. Goldberg) in Globalization and Poverty. NBER and U Chicago Press 2007. pp. 241-290
- Short term consequences of trade reform for industry employment and wages: Survey of evidence from Colombia, (with Penny Goldberg), World Economy 28(7), July 2006, 923-939.
- Child Labor in the Global Economy, (with E. Edmonds). Journal of Economic Perspectives 18(1), Winter 2005, 199-220. NYT piece on this paper (link here).
- Trade, Inequality, and Poverty: What Do We Know? Evidence from Recent Trade Liberalization Episodes in Developing Countries, (with P. Goldberg). Brookings Trade Forum 2004, 223-269.
- International Trade and Child Labor: Cross Country Evidence, (with E. Edmonds), Journal of International Economics 68 (1) , January 2006, 115-140.
- Trade Liberalization and the Allocation of Labor between Households and Markets in a Poor Country, (with E. Edmonds), Journal of International Economics 69 (2), July 2006, pp. 257-295.
- The Response of the Informal Sector to Trade Liberalization, (with P. Goldberg), Journal of Development Economics 72, December 2003, pp. 463-496.
- Trade Policy and Industry Wage Structure: Evidence from Brazil, (with A. Blom, P. Goldberg, and N. Schady), World Bank Economic Review 18(3), December 2004, pp. 319-344.
- Trade Reforms and Income Inequality in Colombia, (with O. Attanasio and P. Goldberg), Journal of Development Economics, 74, August 2004, pp. 331-366.
- The Effect of Trade Liberalization on Child Labor, (with E. Edmonds), Journal of International Economics 65(2) March 2005, 401-41. Click here to see NBER Digest on this paper.
- Trade, Wages, and the Political Economy of Trade Protection: Evidence from the Colombian Trade Reforms, (with P. Goldberg), Journal of International Economics, 66, 75-105.
- Trade Disputes in the Commercial Aircraft Industry, World Economy 25, May 2002, pp. 733-751.
- Airbus versus Boeing Revisited: International Competition in the Aircraft Market, (with D. Irwin), Journal of International Economics 64(2), December 2004, pp. 223-245.
- What explains skill upgrading in less developed countries, Journal of Development Economics, 71 (2003), 311-328.
- Do pharmaceutical prices respond to patient out-of-pocket expenses, Rand Journal of Economics 33, Autumn 2002, pp. 469-487.
- Trade Liberalization, Exit, and Productivity Improvements: Evidence from Chilean Plants, The Review of Economic Studies 69, January 2002, pp. 245-76.