“I don’t dwell in self-contemplation too much. I got a lot of my character from my parents, either innately or just growing up with two strong, loving parents. I think I am confident, thoughtful, and honest. I have a very low tolerance for anyone who is untruthful or dishonest. Honesty and integrity are at the top of my list of characteristics I look for in others. The kind of people I like have a similar personality. They are smart, but humble and modest. They have a good sense of humor and have the ability to laugh at themselves. You need a sense of humor! That’s what makes a happy life. There have been moments in my life when I was a happy knucklehead, and sometimes I still am. Which isn’t a bad quality, in my mind. I am fortunate I have had many happy moments in my life. The birth of my daughter was big. Meeting my wife by chance at a friend’s party was also a happy moment. Spending time with family and friends brings happiness too. 

I grew up in a semi-rural area in Philadelphia. I have never been a fan of big cities. So, I lived in a small town in Colorado for five years then moved to a big city for three years. I wanted to move back to the Upper Valley because my parents and one of my brothers lived here. It is a great place to raise kids. I am making life simpler for myself every step of the way. We are certainly not getting rich, although you can do that here. As long as there is family here, I can’t imagine living anywhere else.”

– Dave Harrison, Hanover, NH

March 16, 2023