How Can One Student Make Any Class a Layup? The Answer May Surprise You!

Brian Watson ’22 recently discovered the best kept secret on campus, just in time for winter course selection. “Anything can be a layup,” Brian said. “You just have to give up.”

“I can’t believe no one told me this before. I’m in really hard classes this term, including Math 427 and English 89. And it’s Week 8 and I’m struggling. But then my friend Lauren said, ‘Brian, just give up.’ My classes got so much easier! Now everything’s a layup!”

Brian has been recommending this strategy to his fellow peers, and is looking forward to taking on another tough course load in 19W with a refreshed perspective. Amazing!

We reached out to Brian’s professors for their take on this stunning feat of innovation. “Yeah, Brian failed that last paper. This is a terrible strategy. Please do your work,” Professor Smith of the English Department said. “Do you know how much each class costs? Open a damn book,” quipped Professor Song of the Math Department. Crazy!

Brian is being hailed as a pioneer among his peers for doing the unthinkable, but he doesn’t know what all the fuss is about. “I didn’t do anything that special,” our hero said with a modest smile. “I just gave up. You can, too!”

– CC ’21

Be the first to comment on "How Can One Student Make Any Class a Layup? The Answer May Surprise You!"