Innovative Learning – wow!

Some days I need to pinch myself to make sure I’m not dreaming at work.  It’s so cool!  Today was one of those days…I had the opportunity to participate in a DCAL session called Making the Most of Faculty Time.  I learned about Magic Pens, Pencasts, Echo 360, Adobe Connect, Podcasts & clickers.  Faculty are using these technologies to “flip” and enhance classes.  Students listen on their MP3 or watch on the web a lecture or demonstration.  They take a quiz online and can even let the professor know where they need more instruction.  This outside work frees in class time for student-centered engagement, face-to-face time with each other and the faculty.  It’s interactive, collaborative and really makes sense.

What  does it mean for the campus?  How do we plan for this?  How do we make sure Dartmouth has what it needs for space, facilities and infrastructure in the changing world?  It’s critically important that we try to understand and plan for not only the technology but the pedagogy.

I’m can’t wait to read Clayton Christensen’s  The Innovative University.  Fascinating stuff!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.