DCPDA RESEARCH DAY!! Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
8th December (1:00PM-5:30PM, LSC building)
We are still looking for your abstract submissions!
We will select:
6 post docs to give a short talk – 6 minutes to showcase your work (plus 3mins of Q&A). 1 slide, and optional props. Why do you care? Why should we care? PRIZES FOR ALL SELECTED.
Submit your 250 word abstract by November 15th, presenters will be notified by November 22nd.
25 post docs to present posters – PRIZES to the “best poster”, “most understandable to the public”, and “innovative format”. Submit your 250 word abstract by November 22nd, presenters will be notified by November 29th.
Please submit your abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Register to attend here: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/3682582
Research Day will also feature a professional development workshop, networking opportunities, and social mixer.
To facilitate some quick communications for our postdoc community, the DCPDA now has a SLACK channel. It is essentially a “workroom” or a community where we can post quick messages about things any of us might want to let others know about. For example – Great social event happening this weekend? you’ve discovered an amazing local resource for postdocs with families? are you leaving/looking for a great apartment? Looking for/Sharing a ride? Jump onto slack, and get connected!
Professional Development Resources:
#1 Dartmouth is an Institutional Member of the National Postdoc Association, which means anyone with a dartmouth.edu email address may becoming an affiliate member of NPA.
As an NPA Affiliate Member, you are entitled to these benefits:
• Subscription to NPA e-alerts, a periodic news announcement, and The POSTDOCket, the NPA’s official quarterly newsletter
• Reduced registration fees to the NPA Annual Meeting & eligibility for the NPA travel award program
• Access to members-only NPA web content
• Access to NPA member groups to connect & network with fellow NPA members
• Discounts to some services and products. Click here for information on discounts from SciPhD (members only page).
• Opportunities to serve and contribute your expertise on a variety of NPA committees
• National representation on postdoctoral issues
To register, click here
#2 Dartmouth’s Institutional Membership in the NCFDD provides postdocs and faculty access to the numerous resources:
• Multi-week Facilitated Learning Communities
• Monthly core training workshops
• Monthly guest expert workshops
• Audio, slides and transcripts of all workshops so you can learn at your convenience
• A private peer mentoring forum
• Monthly accountability buddy match
• Moderated monthly writing challenges
• Weekly productivity tips via the Monday Motivator
1. Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website: http://www.facultydiversity.org/
2. Select the “Become a Member” tab and choose “Individual Membership.”
3. On the Individual Membership page select “Click Here”
4. On the “Select Your Member Type” page, select “Institutional Sub-Account,” and
5. On the “Select a Username” page use your institution issued e-mail address in the Username box
6. Complete the registration process
#3 Create an Individual Development Plan (IDP) and map our your career: http://myidp.sciencecareers.org/
Check out the event schedule so you don’t miss the upcoming social events!
adult night at the science museum
March 11, 6-9pm Montshire Museum of Science, Norwich, VT
DCPDA will cover admission for all post-docs!