About Us

The DCPDA leadership team are volunteers who work to aid in the professional development of its members, foster a sense of community and identity among them, and enhance their overall experience at Dartmouth College. The Board meets regularly to address ongoing postdoc-related issues and needs on campus and to plan social and professional development events, including the annual Postdoc Research Day and Postdoc Appreciation Week.

Meet Our Current Board Members

Olha Kholod (Co-President)

Originally from Ukraine, I joined the Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth in 2023 as a postdoctoral scholar. I received my Ph.D. in Biomedical Informatics at the Institute for Data Sciences & Informatics at University of Missouri-Columbia in 2022. I was also a recipient of Fulbright Graduate scholarship from Ukraine (2015 – 2017). My current research interests include reproductive immunology, systems biology, and bioinformatics. Outside of the lab I enjoy outdoor activities, strength training and taking care of my guinea pigs. Contact me at olha.kholod@dartmouth.edu.

Michael Wales (Co-President)

I am a postdoc in the Rockefeller Center for Public Policy and the Social Sciences and co-manager of the Policy Research Shop. I received my PhD from the Truman School of Government and Public Affairs at the University of Missouri in 2022. My primary research focus is public finance at the state level. In my spare time, I enjoy exploring the Upper Valley and surrounding region and hope to one day visit all state capitols in the US. Contact me at michael.wales@dartmouth.edu.

Yash Akella (Executive Board Member)

Yash Akella is affiliated with the Marketing Research Group at Tuck. His research focuses on retailing strategies, consumer journeys, network theory, top management teams, and Internet advertising, and he utilizes econometrics and machine learning in his methodology. Akella has been published in peer-reviewed journals, such as the Journal of International Business Studies and Journal of Business Research. He is also the co-winner of Sethuraman NASMEI Research Grant Award 2022, and is a member of both the American Marketing Association and the Production and Operations Management Society. He is an ad-hoc reviewer at Research Policy and the Journal of Business Research. Akella earned his PhD at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, where he was the 2023 winner of the Prof. Tirath Gupta Memorial Award for Best Thesis, and his BE (Hons.) in electrical and electronics engineering from the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani. 

Katerina Capouskova (Executive Board Member)

I joined Dartmouth in September 2023 as a postdoc in John Murray's lab, which is part of the Psychological and Brain Sciences department. Prior to my postdoc role, I completed my Ph.D. in Gustavo Deco's lab in Computational Neuroscience at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona. In my research, I am intrigued by the dynamics of whole-brain activity, and the ultimate goal of my research is to answer the question 'how does the brain work.'

Outside of work, I enjoy skiing, hiking, and exploring the world with my little son. As a Czech, I value time spent with friends over a nicely chilled beer. Contact me at katerina.capouskova@dartmouth.edu.

Paige Marsland (Executive Board Member)

I joined Dartmouth in August 2023 as a Postdoc in Molecular and Cell Biology in the Yeh lab at the Geisel School of Medicine. I received my PhD in Behavioral Neuroscience from Binghamton University, where I studied the impact of alcohol on the neuroimmune system and how it impacts late aging and the progression of neurodegenerative diseases. My current research is primarily focused on how prenatal alcohol exposure affects the neuroimmune system during early life development. Outside of work, I enjoy baking and swimming. Feel free to contact me at Paige.Marsland@dartmouth.edu.

Gisselle Mejía (Executive Board member)

Gisselle Mejía is a Guarini Dean’s Fellow in the Environmental Studies Department. Gisselle completed her Ph.D. in Earth and Environmental Sciences at the City University of New York's The Graduate Center in 2022. Her PhD research examined plant-soil interactions in urban forests at local, regional, and continental scales. Her research interests include urban ecology, forest ecology, soil nutrient processes, forest resource management, data analysis, socio-ecological systems. Gisselle’s motivation is to produce science that is useful to land managers and practitioners. More broadly, Gisselle is interested in critical and inclusive pedagogy, mentorship, and team science. Her current work involves linking above and below ground processes in forests undergoing succession from past agricultural practices in New Hampshire.

Gisselle moved from New York City to the upper valley and has not looked back. In her free time, you can find Gisselle roller skating, hiking or enjoying any outdoor activities.

Paula Zamora (Executive Board member)

I am a postdoc in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at the Geisel School of Medicine. I did a first postdoc at the University of Pittsburgh in the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics. I received my PhD from Vanderbilt University in Microbiology and Immunology. I am a molecular virologist working in a lab full of bacteriologists. My current project is focused on phage therapy in cystic fibrosis. When I’m not in lab, you’ll find me running, biking, or hiking with my pups.

Hannah E. Laue (Past President)

I  joined the Department of Epidemiology at the Geisel School of Medicine in 2019. I received my degree in environmental epidemiology from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and my work focuses on the infant microbiome. Outside of work I enjoy baking and hiking. Contact me at hannah.e.laue@dartmouth.edu

Nataliia Vereshchuk (Past President)

I am a third-year postdoctoral researcher in Chemistry Department. My academic journey began at the National Technical University of Ukraine, where I pursued and successfully attained both my bachelor's and master's degrees in Chemical Engineering. To further enrich my research experiences, I embarked on a research stay at the esteemed Norwegian University of Life Sciences.

In 2021, I earned my Ph.D. degree from the Institute of the Chemical Research of Catalonia in Spain, specializing in the fascinating realm of Artificial Photosynthesis.

Beyond my academic pursuits, I find solace and balance in practicing yoga and venturing into the great outdoors through hiking. In addition to my interests in yoga and hiking, I am also an avid volleyball enthusiast.

DCPDA Advisor

Cindy Rosalbo (Director of Postdoctoral Affairs)

As Director of Postdoctoral Affairs, I manage Postdoctoral Affairs in collaboration with the Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies. I have been providing professional development to postdocs and grad students at Dartmouth since 2008 and took on the role of Director of Postdoc Affairs in 2021. I have a PhD in Molecular Biology from Princeton and was a postdoc with the Gender Equity Project at Hunter College in NYC. Please reach out with your ideas, questions, and concerns!

Join Us!

If you’re interested in learning more about the DCPDA and how to get involved, let us know! We continue to welcome all postdocs to attend and participate in the DCPDA meetings and other events. For more information about our meeting, check out our calendar!

The DCPDA strives to provide a clear pathway for new postdocs who are interested in getting involved, to bring more diversity to our leadership team to better represent all postdocs on campus, to bring in new ideas and ways to improve the postdoc experience at Dartmouth, and to better acknowledge the contributions of more of our currently active postdocs.

For more information on the objectives and governance of the DCPDA, please see our bylaws.