“I don’t want to RUSH into things, but…”

Ever since I saw her, I knew she was the one for me.  She was pure, thoughtful, just perfect. Sure, she called me “sister,” but that could be cute, yanno?  After our first date, I knew she was different from the rest. I liked her from the first time I’d heard about her, and then when we finally talked, everything seemed to click into place.  We had a real conversation. Most of the time my dates are all the same. First, they meet you at the front door. But of course, they make you wait for five to ten minutes outside in the cold.  Then, it’s just a long and horrible 55 minute deep dive into small talk. It’s always the same questions. But with this girl, we got deep, like, we talked about pong. She’s so genuine, but she’s also got a wild side.  She took me up to her room on the second date, like did someone say risqué? I’ve been schmoozing her really hard. I’ve taken her out to lunch, studied with her, I’ve gone out almost every single night these past couple weeks to see her.  I’ve whipped out all the compliments — your sparkles look so sparkly, your flair is so flair, your hair looks so brushed. I’ve laughed at every single joke and slapped my knee. I really think I’m falling for her. I’d even dress up for this girl.  Honestly, at this point, I couldn’t see myself with anyone else. But the thing is, I just don’t know if she feels the same way. It seems like we’re really connecting when we talk, but can’t get a read on her. We’ve been on three dates now, and I think all of her friends like me, but I can’t be sure.  I sort of gave her an ultimatum last night, told her all my preferences. Now I guess I just gotta wait to hear back.

She fucking rejected me.  What the fuck. I didn’t even really like her.

I guess I’ll just have to settle for one of her sisters.

-EK’22

Be the first to comment on "“I don’t want to RUSH into things, but…”"