Sorry For Missing Class, I Got Caught Up In A Primordial Struggle

Hello Professor Barton,

I hope this email finds you well. I would like to apologize for missing yesterday’s lecture, I got caught up in a primordial struggle with an eldritch being right before I was leaving for class, making me miss the lecture. I would love to come by your office hours to discuss the reading, and maybe discuss strategies for balancing coursework and doing battle against cosmic horrors beyond the very comprehension of man.

Also, I may need an extension for next week’s writing assignment. I’ve been having a hard time sleeping recently, as I lie awake, terrified that the monster of a thousand tongues will continue to further haunt me in my dreams (please see attached doctor’s note from Dicks House). 

I hope my unexcused absence won’t count against my participation grade, and I’ll try not to let mortal combat with beings whose souls are older than the atoms that make up our physical realm become a recurring issue.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

P.S. Could I reschedule my office hours visit this Wednesday? I have intramural soccer practice at that time. Thanks!

—JT ’23

Be the first to comment on "Sorry For Missing Class, I Got Caught Up In A Primordial Struggle"