I’m in love with a ghost, but it’s okay because I’m also a ghost

Sometimes it can be really hard to be in love with a ghost. They’re ectoplasmic, they’re transient and they’re also long since dead. That being said, it’s not so hard to be in love with a ghost when you’re also a ghost because that means you’re also ectoplasmic, transient and long since dead.

Some people say, “Hey, how can you be in love with a ghost? Isn’t it really hard? Aren’t they super spooky?” To which I usually reply “No. It’s not so bad. I’m also a ghost.” To which they say “No you’re not.” To which I say “Yes I am. Look at this shirt I’m wearing.” To which they say “That’s not a shirt, that’s a trashbag with random holes cut into it.” To which I say  “Love is funny like that, even for us ghosts, isn’t it?”

My parents were pretty opposed to my relationship with a ghost at first, but when I explained that I’m also a ghost, they began to warm up quickly. First they were all “Robbie, we think it’s unhealthy that you are trying to marry a ghost. They don’t exist.” But then I told them that I was a ghost. Then they were all “Robbie, please take your medication. We are worried about you.”

Isn’t love such a crazy thing? Kind of  like a ghost. It’s beautiful, it’s wonderful, but it’s also haunting and powerful. The person I’m in love with is like a ghost, because he is a ghost. I am also like a ghost because I am also a ghost. Boo.

-DZ ’16

Be the first to comment on "I’m in love with a ghost, but it’s okay because I’m also a ghost"